[syslinux] Here we go - SYSLINUX 2.00 released

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Sat Oct 26 14:09:27 PDT 2002

Jim Wright wrote:
> 2.00-pre14 worked with the "local" rule defined as
>
> LABEL local
>     LOCALBOOT 0
>
> 2.00 hangs for at least one of my systems.  The system that fails is a
> Supermicro 370DER with dual onboard Intel Ethernet Pro 100.  It displays
> the message "Booting from local disk..." and then hangs.  No "PXE-M0F:
> exiting" message.  The keyboard LEDs are responsive, and I can reboot
> with ctrl-alt-del.

Hmmm... I looked through the code I thought might be a problem and
didn't find anything.  It's pretty clear where this error is happening,
but I can't understand *how* it's happening.  I will send you a test
version under separate cover... it may or may not do any good :-/

> Another system which works fine with both 2.00-pre14 and with 2.00 has
> an old single PIII Supermicro board with a 440BX chipset and an old
> Intel Ethernet Pro 100 pci network card.

Was this broken at some other time?