[syslinux] Boot Linux from Linux

Henrik Lassen HEL at fomfrv.dk
Wed Oct 30 06:08:53 PST 2002

Dear Mr. H

              AGAIN:   THANKS FOR YOUR PRODUCT!

I am building a Beowulf Cluster for Meteorological Simulations (DK government) and must boot the buggers over and over again.

At present boot and configure nodes in 3:40 min.

Fault tolerans and speed

1.	I can now promote a node to master (BOOTP/TFTP/NFS/Repository...).
2.	I can now push Repository to secret partition nodes and boot from the secret partition.

I checked the KEXEC stuff and wondered that must be something you have been following.

How would the call look like (i know its stupid but I really would like to understand this stuff nad how your SW could work:

    kexec -debug PXELINUX.0 SYSLINUX.CNF

Hvis a nice day
Henrik