[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.01-pre1 released

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Oct 30 09:44:15 PST 2002

Egan Ford wrote:
> Think it is version 5.  It was a prebuilt image with dosemu.  I do not
> get the kernel GO!

Really weird... so something is just plain ole wiggy.

Now, I know real MS-DOS had a problem (some kind of overflow in how it
computed the various pointers) when the size of a disk was really close
to a particular boundary, and the size of your disk was really round in
terms of binary values (0xc00000).  You may want to try it again with a
less "binary" geometry.

Other than that, I'm puzzled because of the differing behaviour.  It
could also be that the old version of FreeDOS contained a broken
HIMEM.SYS which interfered with MEMDISK (probably by leaving interrupts
on after INT 15h.)