[syslinux] RedHat kickstart with PXELINUX

Peter Guthrie Peter.Guthrie at uk.sun.com
Wed Sep 4 00:56:43 PDT 2002

We are attempting to setup an automated system to build some Linux
systems. We have utilised the PXELINUX bootloader after encountering
the PXE 512Kb limit with bootp.

We now have another issue which you may have already run into. In the
DHCP configuration we specify pxelinux.0 as the bootfile, this works
reasonable well, we call the Redhat vmlinuz and initrd.img files
within the pxelinux.cfg/config file and the installation begins
as expected. We would like to have a non-interactive installation
using the Kickstart mechanism to provide the responses, the issue
is that the installer expects to get the Kickstart file location
from the DHCP 'bootfile' parameter which we have already used
to provide the pxelinux.0.

Have you encountered this problem before?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Peter Guthrie

--
     /_____/\
     \_____\/         mailto:Peter.Guthrie at sun.com