[syslinux] RedHat kickstart with PXELINUX

Jim Wright jwright at penguincomputing.com
Wed Sep 4 16:45:59 PDT 2002

the location of the kickstart file is derived from a kernel commandline
argument, not from a dhcp response.  for example,

LABEL ks73
    KERNEL vmlinuz-7.3-bootnet
    APPEND initrd=initrd-7.3-bootnet.img ip=dhcp ks=nfs:192.168.99.1:/path/to/ks.cfg lang= text devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=7168

Jim Wright, Senior Engineer
Tel: 415-358-2609   Fax: 415-358-2646   Toll Free: 888-PENGUIN
PENGUIN COMPUTING - www.penguincomputing.com