[syslinux] Re: grub compatible

Henrik Nordström hno at marasystems.com
Thu Sep 5 14:31:00 PDT 2002

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> The setup code is allowed to be 31.5K in size by specification.
> I WILL NOT support Grub braindamage -- that just encourages the Grub
> people to do more sh*t that we have to support in the kernel.  We've had
> enough problem with Grub braindamage as it is.

This was caused by a coding error in GRUB. Fixed since some time back in
the CVS versoin of GRUB (the fix not yet available in an "official"
release as far as I can tell).

Have no problems loading memdisk via current versions of grub. Works very
nicely. Many thanks for memdisk, by bye boot floppies :-)

Regards
Henrik