[syslinux] Re: grub compatible

Henrik Nordström hno at marasystems.com
Thu Sep 5 15:21:00 PDT 2002

multiboot is a different format.

memdisk is a bzImage, not a multiboot image. GRUB had the error that it
forgot to load the rest of the section of the bzImage after detecting and
parsing the Linux bzImage header..

This was fixed shortly after GRUB 0.92 was released, so mostly any GRUB
version who advertises itself as 0.93 (not yet released) will work fine
with memdisk.