[syslinux] RedHat kickstart with PXELINUX [A small change for pxelinux]

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Thu Sep 26 10:58:43 PDT 2002

Peter Lister wrote:
> First read http://www.stanford.edu/~alfw/PXE-Kickstart/

This is a very good tutorial.  I should find some place to link to it...

I'm a little bit surprised by the following claim, though:

In an earlier version of this document I suggested using tftp-hpa
started from xinetd. This combination of tools cannot reliably handle
much more than 64 clients at a time! With more clients not all of them
will get an answer from your TFTP and you will see syslog messages like
this: tftpd: read: Connection refused.

Anyone happens to know which version of tftp-hpa that was?  atftp is
probably better handing huge amounts of clients, but tftp-hpa should
definitely handle a lot more than 64.