[syslinux] Booting from USB

E M Recio erecio at storm.jmc.tju.edu
Fri Sep 27 13:58:06 PDT 2002

This isn't necessarily a SYSLINUX question, but a probe. Just wondering
if anyone has ever gotten a bootable USB chip to work under linux. I was
able to do it using SYSLINUX and an initrd image, but I would like
something a bit more robust, ... ie: remounting a second ext3fs
partition on the boot chip by being able to have partitions on the usb
chip, syslinux on the mbr, and part 1 kernel, part 2 root.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone had any ideas about this.

-Elmo (http://polywog.philtered.net)