[syslinux] ipappend with pxelinux

Ryan Lovett ryan at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Apr 4 16:33:32 PST 2003

Hello,
 I have not been able to get the IPAPPEND option to successfully set the ip
parameters for a pxelinux install. I have

  LABEL install
        KERNEL pxelinux.cfg/tftpboot.img
        APPEND initrd=pxelinux.cfg/initrdfs.gz root=/dev/ram
        IPAPPEND 1

where tftpboot.img is either of
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/
    idepci/tftpboot.img
    bf2.4/tftpboot.img

but the parameter fails to impact the running system. The 3Com MBA is able to
acquire the DHCP information without trouble and I can acquire DHCP info
manually (using dhclient-2.2.x) once the system is up so I know that DHCP is
working.

initrdfs.gz is either of
http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/
    idepci/root.bin
    bf2.4/root.bin

with a custom init procedure. (/etc/inittab has
  # main setup program
  ::once:/sbin/our-install.sh
) Am I doing something hokey?

Thank you for your time,