[syslinux] Preliminary 2.03-pre1 result...

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Apr 4 21:25:56 PST 2003

It seems that 2.03-pre1 resolves PXELINUX problem on a reasonable number
of hosts.  Perhaps somewhat importantly this seems to include the RBFG
PXE boot floppy, which did not work with 2.02.

This was somewhat of a surprise, since it didn't exhibit the failure
mode that I would have thought would have been the trigger of the bug.
Instead, it was one of those stacks that would transmit packets and then
sit there and listen forever without getting anything.

Therefore, I would like to ask that *anyone* who has had problems with
PXELINUX 2.02 please pretty please try out PXELINUX 2.03-pre1 and see if
it helps your problems.