FW: [syslinux] graphich bootscreen howto ???

Sylvain asm8 at wanadoo.fr
Sun Apr 6 15:04:02 PDT 2003

Le Sun, 6 Apr 2003 23:12:52 +0200
Ole Hansen <ole at danelec.dk> a écrit:

> Hello Peter
>
> Is there a way to disable this ??
>
> I use svgalib to display some information after Linux has booted, aand I
> want the lss16-image I have generated to stay on display until then.
>
> best regards

after syslinux, you can switch to the video mode you want thanks to
the vga=0x... param for the kernel, but i'm affraid you can't keep the same image.
Look at /usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/vesafb.txt for the 0x... number you want.
Maybe you could use fblogo project to make the kernel display the same source image
converted to lss16 for syslinux.
(fblogo will convert the image to .h file)

hope it helps

sylvain