[syslinux] Preliminary 2.03-pre1 result...

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Mon Apr 7 10:26:40 PDT 2003

Michael Blandford wrote:

> I just tried 2.03-pre2 with the rbfg floppy.  It seems to have the same
> problem for me.  I am using it inside VMware.

"Inside VMWare" always makes me groan these days :(

> Here is what I see

What does it say before then?

> TFTP........
> PXELINUX 2.03 2.03-pre2 Copyright (C) 1994-2003 H. Peter Anvin
> Found PXEENV+ structure
> PXE API version is 0200
> Old PXE API dectected, using PXENV+ structure
> UNDI data segment at:   9840
> UNDI data segment size:   5BE8
> UNDI code segment at:   9DFF
> UNDI code segment size:   1810
> PXENV entry point found (we hope) at 9DFF:0000
> My IP address seems to be <HEX> <IP>
> ip=<ip>:<tftp/dhcp server ip>:<gateway>:<netmask>
> TFTP prefix:
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/<ip>
> Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/default
> Could not find kernel image: linux
> boot:
>
> tftp server logs never show any request for a config file.

This is different from what most people have been seeing (request goes
out, but isn't seen on the other side.)

Again, with VMWare involved I doubt I can help you.  I would complain to
VMWare (shouldn't they have PXE booting through "ROM" rather than rbfg
anyway?)