[syslinux] Preliminary 2.03-pre1 result...

Michael Blandford mlblandf at sedona.ch.intel.com
Mon Apr 7 10:34:52 PDT 2003

H. Peter Anvin wrote:

>"Inside VMWare" always makes me groan these days :(
>

>>Here is what I see
>>

>What does it say before then?

Why do I seem to always leave out the stuff you are interested in.

Microsoft Windows Remote Installation Boot Floppy
(C) Copyright 2002 Argon Technolog
(C) Copyright 1999-2001 3Com Corportation
All rights reserved.
AMD PCnet Adapter

Node: 0050567891F0
DHCP..
TFTP.......

>>TFTP........
>>PXELINUX 2.03 2.03-pre2 Copyright (C) 1994-2003 H. Peter Anvin
>>Found PXEENV+ structure
>>PXE API version is 0200
>>Old PXE API dectected, using PXENV+ structure
>>UNDI data segment at:   9840
>>UNDI data segment size:   5BE8
>>UNDI code segment at:   9DFF
>>UNDI code segment size:   1810
>>PXENV entry point found (we hope) at 9DFF:0000
>>My IP address seems to be <HEX> <IP>
>>ip=<ip>:<tftp/dhcp server ip>:<gateway>:<netmask>
>>TFTP prefix:
>>Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/<ip>
>>Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/default
>>Could not find kernel image: linux
>>boot:
>>
>>tftp server logs never show any request for a config file.
>>

>This is different from what most people have been seeing (request goes
>out, but isn't seen on the other side.)

I will try it on real hardware next to see what happens.

>Again, with VMWare involved I doubt I can help you.  I would complain to
>VMWare (shouldn't they have PXE booting through "ROM" rather than rbfg
>anyway?)

I will file a bug report with them to see if they will help.  I
absolutely agree they should natively support PXE in their rom but so
far they havent.

Michael