[syslinux] Preliminary 2.03-pre1 result...

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon Apr 7 18:55:18 PDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> network).  This almost certainly means PXELINUX is blind to ICMP
> REDIRECTs, but these days those are pretty rare anyway, and the worst
> that would happen is that the default gateway gets to route extra packets...

smile -- I concluded that the local network segment was the
best place for a tftp server to live, and to not rely on
routing (and thus possible ordering issues) of an already
fragile udp stream.

I have enough problems with congestion messing with transfers.

-- Russ Herrold

BTW -- I have a ver 1 PXE spec intel NIC which will reliaably
never work.  Is it of any testing interest for your bench,
Peter?  I can ship it to you, gratis. - R