[syslinux] Having problems boot PXELINUX from SUN tftp server

Jeff Toothill jit at myrealbox.com
Thu Apr 10 08:25:50 PDT 2003

HI,

I wonder if anyone could offer assistance to the following problem I am having when I try to boot my pxeclient from a SUN tftp server.

my tftpboot directory holds the following files;

pxelinux.cfg
boot.msg
vmlinuz
initrd.img
pxelinux.0

pxelinux.cfg contains the following information;

default linux
prompt 1
display boot.msg
timeout 1
LABEL linux
      KERNEL vmlinuz
      APPEND initrd=initrd.msg
      IPAPPEND 1

Following successful DHCP sequence, the TFTP session fails with reason 1 "File not found".
I have read some of the previous e-mails on this subject and have made appropraite changes where applicable to fall in line with previously observed errors etc.. without much affect.

Any ideas.