[syslinux] memdisk problem

Sean Hearne shearne at tssg.org
Fri Apr 11 00:35:46 PDT 2003

I am using memdisk to boot various floppy disk images including DOS, GRUB
and GNU Parted.
All works fine when I set which option to default boot on my server machine
and allow this to boot, but when I manually enter an option at the client on
startup, more often that not my machine freezes.

The progress bar ( i.e. the dots along the bottom of the screen) for the
floppy image file only get half way across the screen before the machine
freezes.

Does anybody know what is causing  this problem?

Sean