[syslinux] Making logos...

Tom Lisjac netdxr at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 11 06:02:40 PDT 2003

Hi!

I'm trying to create a custom logo for syslinux but keep bumping my head
on the conversion to LSS16. The sample syslogo.png works fine so I
decided to start with a known quantity by loading it into the Gimp.

I cleared the canvas, color filled a blue background (0x000033) placed
some yellow letters on the blue (0xffff00) and saved the file back out
with the default compression. The resulting image is 639x320 and 16
colors like the original syslogo.png. Here's the error I got with this
attempt and keep getting with all the others I tried:

pngtopnm syslogo.png | \
        ../ppmtolss16 \#000000=0 \#d0d0d0=7 \#f6f6f6=15 \
        > syslogo.lss
../ppmtolss16: Premature EOF at (516,308) of (639,320)
make: *** [syslogo.lss] Error 255

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,

-Tom