[syslinux] Problem in getting tftp transfer to succeed

Louis Van den Broek vandenbroek.y at skynet.be
Sun Apr 13 09:27:07 PDT 2003

> This should have worked for the first transfer anyway, because the
> tsize option isn't required by the pxe rom, it's only used for pxelinux
> itself. So the tftp transfer for pxelinux.0 should have succeeded,
> regardless of the standard or tftp-hpa tftp server.

That's what I also thought ... but you start doubting when something
doesn't work which. The funny thing is that indeed with the standard
tftp server the transfer even begins, but then the client issues a
second non valid request, and interrupts transfer ... bizar.

> So I think this is a more general problem - maybe even with your
> network
> card. Could you perhaps try to set this up under a linux server, and
> after
> that switch back to MacOS? I think noone tried this under MacOS already
> (anyone?), though tftp-hpa also works on Solaris, AIX and even cygwin.

I don't have the possibility to go to another server, however, I'll try
another client on Monday.
This to exclude a bug in the client pxe code.

Yves.