[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.04-pre1 released

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Apr 15 20:21:46 PDT 2003

I just released SYSLINUX 2.04-pre1.  I happened to find that due to a
complete miss on my point all the SYSLINUX derivatives were allocating
104K of low memory and never actually used it.  It made it a lot more
compelling to blow the memory on buffers necessary to support large
blocks in PXELINUX.  I've also resurrected the non-mtools SYSLINUX
installer, although as a root-only installer.  That should, as a side
effect, make it less dependent on glibc; it may even be possible to
compile against klibc with some minor work (probably need to pass
O_LARGEFILE manually to open().)

I'm hoping to release 2.04 before too long, since I think these changes
are useful to a significant number of people and I feel pretty
comfortable with them.  They could still be buggy, though, especially
the pxelinux changes.

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/Testing/