[syslinux] ipappend with pxelinux

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Apr 23 13:18:40 PDT 2003

Ryan Lovett wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 05:06:14PM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>
>>Ryan Lovett wrote:
>>
>>>This worked fine, thanks! Perhaps the information about kernel level ip
>>>configuration should go in syslinux.doc?
>>
>>No, it definitely shouldn't.  This isn't generic Linux documentation...
>>if it was, I'd never do anything else.
>>
>>However, if someone is willing to make a webpage I'd consider making it
>>available.
>

> Do you mean a webpage noting linux-specific issues for syslinux?

No, I mean a webpage on Linux booting issues in general, especially
"non-stock" configurations.

If you look in the archives of this mailing list you'll notice that
something like a third of the questions asked really have nothing to do
with SYSLINUX/PXELINUX/ISOLINUX, or has so only peripherally -- "I'm
using ISOLINUX to boot, and then my initrd doesn't work correctly" (an
initrd question, not an ISOLINUX question.)

Although there are people here that are familiar with this, that doesn't
mean I can turn the SYSLINUX documentation into a Linux boot process
tutorial.  I just don't have the time.