[syslinux] COM32 BIOS Question

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Sun Apr 27 10:22:49 PDT 2003

Thanks for the reply. I just assumed that since BIOS numbers heads and
cylinders from 0, that sectors are also numbered from zero.

I expect to finish writing my COM32 code in a couple of days. Basically,
it consists of two utilities. One (runs in Linux) reads a list of images
to execute from a file and writes it to sector 6-9 of the hard disk.
The other (COM32 code), reads this information and boots into the
appropriate kernel and removes the first entry, so that the next time
it boots into the second kernel....

If you think it will be useful, I can send the code and you can include
it as a sample code in SYSLINUX. Since I did not write this code with
effeciency in mind, the .c32 file is large (5K).

Question: Can similar code be written to handle SCSI hard disks as well?
Meaning, is it just as easy. If so, could you point me and the right
BIOS interrupt to use. My initial searches all talked about SCSI drivers
which is not a possibility for a COM32 code.

- Murali