[syslinux] isolinux.cfg/syslinux.cfg

Josef Siemes jsiemes at web.de
Fri Aug 8 04:05:15 PDT 2003

Hi,

"Alexander Rau" <alexander_rau at yahoo.com> schrieb am 08.08.03 02:55:58:
> I am having problems with isolinux.cfg
>
> I am receiving several error messages.
>
>  'Missing parameter in config file' and 'Unknown keyword in config file'.

Which version of isolinux do you use? Could you give the exact output of isolinux?
Does it boot any images?

>  Here is a copy of my Isolinux.cfg maybe sombody can help me figure it out:
>
>  default ks
>  prompt 1
>  timeout 60
>  display custom.msg
>  F1 boot.msg
>  F2 options.msg
>  F3 general.msg
>  F4 param.msg
>  F5 rescue.msg
>  F7 custom.msg

looks good.

>  label linux
>    kernel vmlinuz
>    append initrd=initrd.img lang= devfs=nomount \
>      ramdisk_size=9216

Is that 'append'-line really on two lines? Syslinux can't deal with line continuations,
so write this in one line, without the backslash. This goes for all other
'label'-sections.

You could also look into the kernel output, this should give you the append line
from above, with '\' as the last character, missing the 'ramdisk_size=nnn' parameter.

Regards,

Josef