[syslinux] Bug in 2.05 .bss chain loader (works in 1.40).

No Spam nospamatprivacydotnet at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 15 10:05:14 PDT 2003

I love syslinux, and loath to cry bug, but I think
this might qualify.

I found that using the chain loader in syslinux
version 2.05 on a FreeDOS (ver. 2.30.1) boot floppy
failed (locked after 'FreeDOS' is written to the
screen).

I tried other boot disks (dos 3.30, up to win98) with
similar results.

The good news is that version 1.40 (where it was
originally implemented) works great !!  So that will
be the version I use... but thought Mr. Anvin might be
interested.