[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.06-pre1

Frank Bergmann meurer at mascott.de
Fri Aug 22 02:24:06 PDT 2003

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003, H. Peter Anvin cum veritate scripsit :

> Frank Bergmann wrote:
> > Did you already fix the "comment bug" in ppmtolss16?
> > It was mentioned *twice* on this list but produced bo replies. ;-)
> > (http://129.26.180.1/%7efrank/dvd)
>
> Do you have a patch for this?  Otherwise I'll try to get to it.

Yes, my patch is described at given URL. But Stephane Rouberol did the
first posting on this list:

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Stephane Rouberol cum veritate scripsit :
> ./ppmtolss16: Input format error 1
>
> The problem is that gimp adds the comment
> # CREATOR: The GIMP's PNM Filter Version 1.0
> at 2nd line.
> Suggested fix for ppmtolss16:
>
> 108a109,110
>  > # gobble any comment
>  > while ( $sizes =~ /^#/) { $sizes = <STDIN>;}

It works with gimp and xv comments (opening with gimp and xv in sequence
will produce multiple comment lines which will also be stripped by this
patch).

--
Sending unsolicited commercial email to this address may be a violation
of the Washington State Consumer Protection Act, chapter 19.86 RCW.