[syslinux] Planning a 2.08 release

Murali Krishnan Ganapathy gmurali at cs.uchicago.edu
Thu Dec 4 08:48:47 PST 2003

I dont know if adding that feature (making memdisk force BIOS to choose
the last possible drive letter), would help in any situation except the
situation I described. Right now, having a 10MB floppy image is more
than enough for me.

BTW, Thanks to the new MEMDISK interrupt, I have one DOS image which
does a whole lot of things depending on the arguments it gets. I have
implemented an an rc.d style autoexec.bat and that makes things really
useful. The key is a program which parses the boot time arguments and
sets appropriate environment variables (a simple modification of the
sample program which comes with syslinux). This is also available for
download (http://people.cs.uchicago.edu/~gmurali/gui), in case anyone is
interested.

This feature has reduced the number of DOS images in my CD and hence
maintaining them is a lot easier.

- Murali