[syslinux] Problems with Win32 syslinux

Alex Pavloff apavloff at esatechnology.com
Tue Dec 9 15:54:34 PST 2003

Hi folks,

I'm having problems now with the Win32 syslinux in the 2.0.6 release
when using it on various CompactFlash drives.  These drives end up going
into a Geode-based PC board with a built in CF slot.

Now, before I run SYSLINUX.EXE on them, they are 32MB with a Toshiba
part number showing up when the PC boots.  They show up on as the
Secondary Master.  After I run SYSLINUX.EXE, they stay 32MB, but they
then come up as a "CHH" part, and show up as Secondary Slave, and of
course, don't work because all my scripts assume that the drive will be
on hdc, not to mention that the CF has been corrupted to the point where
things like FreeDOS can't read the flash anymore.

So my question is this -- how would I go about diagnosing this problem
and fix it?

Alex Pavloff - apavloff at esatechnology.com
ESA Technology ---- www.esatechnology.com
------- Linux-based industrial HMI ------