[syslinux] Problems with Win32 syslinux

Alex Pavloff apavloff at esatechnology.com
Tue Dec 9 16:56:11 PST 2003

It appears the fixes change the API used to determine whether or not the
drive is removable or not, as well as remove a FlushFileBuffers() call.
They don't seem to have any major changes in the way the program works.

After testing all the Flash I have and running SYSLINUX.EXE on both type
of CompactFlash with no problems, I suspect that we were just shipped an
old batch of non-spec conforming CompactFlash that didn't implement the
True-IDE access mode properly (despite the nice CF logo).

I have no "32MB CHH" flash remaining, but it seems extremely unlikely
that corruption of a CompactFlash would result in it ending up with a
string containing the capacity of the CF.

Alex Pavloff - apavloff at esatechnology.com
ESA Technology ---- www.esatechnology.com
------- Linux-based industrial HMI ------
-------- www.esatechnology.com/5k -------