[syslinux] Problems with Win32 syslinux

Lars Munch lars at segv.dk
Wed Dec 10 04:39:55 PST 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 04:56:11PM -0800, Alex Pavloff wrote:

> [...]

That's true.

> After testing all the Flash I have and running SYSLINUX.EXE on both type
> of CompactFlash with no problems, I suspect that we were just shipped an
> old batch of non-spec conforming CompactFlash that didn't implement the
> True-IDE access mode properly (despite the nice CF logo).
>
> I have no "32MB CHH" flash remaining, but it seems extremely unlikely
> that corruption of a CompactFlash would result in it ending up with a
> string containing the capacity of the CF.

Have you compared how the CompactFlashs are partitioned/formated? I have
experienced problems in windows 2000 if I try to erase all partitions
and repartition it again. After the repartition syslinux.exe runs fine
but the CompactFlashs are not bootable (no error message). To fix the
problem I erased *everything* on the flash using "dd" on linux and
partitioned it again on windows.

-- Lars Munch