[syslinux] SYSLINUX 2.08-pre10

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Wed Dec 10 12:59:16 PST 2003

Ok, despite what I said yesterday I decided to release a 2.08-pre10.
The only difference over 2.08-pre9 is that I have added a small program
in the "samples" directory called chain.c32.  This allows chainbooting
local floppies and hard disks:

	chain fd0	; Chainboot the first floppy drive

	chain hd0	; Chainboot the first hard drive

	chain hd1 3	; Chainboot partition 3 on the second hard drive

Right now only primary partitions (1-4) and the MBR are supported;
however, it should be fairly easy to extend to support logical
partitions... I just haven't gotten around to doing it.  Someone else
might want to pick that one up.

Similar stuff with partition hiding and so forth.