[syslinux] Toshiba T1910 (CS) - 'Boot failed'

etb lizzy at soggytrousers.net
Mon Dec 29 10:27:29 PST 2003

Hi Everyone,

   When I installed Debian Potato onto a Toshiba Satellite T1910CS
about a year and half ago using SYSLINUX everything went well. Now,
however, using SYSLINUX that comes with the bootdisk of Debian Woody
boot-up stops soon after the floppy is read with a 'Boot failed'
message.

   I've received one email from someone having this trouble about six
months ago and I simply told her that I had no trouble with Potato and
that she could install GNU/Debian using a 2.5" -> 3.5" IDE adapter but
this doesn't really address the problem.

   So, I'm curious as to the status of this error and if there any
steps I or we could take to correct this issue if it has not been
corrected already.

   Sincerely,
   Elizabeth Barham