[syslinux] NFS error 101, again

Harald Milz milz at seneca.muc.de
Tue Dec 30 09:01:47 PST 2003

Harald Milz <milz at seneca.muc.de> wrote:

> I've got another one... NFS error 101 with NFSROOT has been discussed a
> lot, and hpa gave an answer to it which appears right. It's ENETUNREACH,
> and I suspect my diskless box does not set its IP parameters right.

Duh. The best one in 10+ years of Linux. A consequence of using factory
kernels with "everything" compiled in. Naturally, the network card driver
was _not_ compiled in, and putting it into the initrd doesn't make very
much sense either.

*slap* Sorry for being dumb.

Strangely, mounting the root fs v3,tcp does not work, the kernel times out
on retrieving the RPC ports. Only v2,udp works. One other filesystems works
fine v3,tcp when mounted later, though.

--
The gentlemen looked one another over with microscopic carelessness.