[syslinux] Syslinux cannot load memtest 86

Eaden McKee email at eadz.co.nz
Mon Feb 3 14:21:43 PST 2003

On Tue, 04 Feb 2003 10:56, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Eaden McKee wrote:
> > Hi there,
> > I am using the latest version of both syslinux ( acutally isolinux ) and
> > memtest86.
> >
> > I get the error "Cannot load a ramdisk with an old kernel image."
> > I searched google with not much avail. Is this a known issue to you?
>
> No, this is news to me.  Not many people use the old kernel image format
> anymore.  It looks like isolinux thinks you're trying to load an initrd
> (which is impossible with the old kernel format.)  This is pretty
> clearly an isolinux bug.

Ok, well when I get a chance, I'll run with isolinux-debug if it helps.
In the mean time, memtest86 comes as a floppy image too. Is that a more
failsafe way of booting it with isolinux?

What would the config in isolinux.cfg to boot the memtest86 floppy image? (
it's a 1.44 )

Best Regards
Eaden McKee