[syslinux] pxelinux and booting dos

Derek Tattersall dtatter at us.ibm.com
Wed Feb 5 12:23:08 PST 2003

I have got pxelinux booting a DOS ramdisk via the memdisk program from the
command line.  However I am having a problem getting it to use the
configuration file.  pxelinux find the configuration directory,
pxelinux.cfg and then finds the file, C0A801, and reads the file, but no
matter what I put on my
"kernel" line, it looks for a kernel named "linux".  When I create a sofft
link from memdisk to linux, it loads memdisk, but doesn't parse the
"append" line.

My config file looks like:
label warmboot
    kernel memdisk
    append initrd=warmboot.img keeppxe

What am I doing wrong here?

Derek Tattersall                                            EFI Test