[syslinux] CREATING A BOOTABLE LINUX FLOPPY

John Poltorak jp at manninghammills.org
Tue Feb 11 03:08:03 PST 2003

I have never used SYSLINUX and don't really know much about Linux either,
but want to give it a try, and thought I would start by creating a
bootable Linux floppy using these instructions from syslinux.doc:-

   ++++ CREATING A BOOTABLE LINUX FLOPPY +++

In order to create a bootable Linux floppy using SYSLINUX, prepare a
normal MS-DOS formatted floppy.  Copy one or more Linux kernel files to
it, then execute the DOS command:

        syslinux [-s] a:

How am I supposed to know which Linux kernel files to copy and where do I
get them from?

--
John