[syslinux] Did something change from 7.2 to 8.0 involving pxelinux?

J.C. Webber III jcw at apple.com
Wed Feb 12 16:23:01 PST 2003

I've got a working RH7.2 pxelinux setup, however, this new hardware we
just aquired
has a newer NIC card in it that 7.2 has no drivers for.  And these
systems come
without CD or floppy (rack mounts).  So I'm unable to provide a drv
floppy.  And I
don't know how to tell pxelinux.0 config file to look elsewhere on the
net for
the drvnet.img.

So, I'm going to move on up to RH8.0 because it has drivers for these
1Gig NIC cards.
But now the problem is that pxelinux.0 can't seem to tftp upload the 8.0
vmlinuz file.
I  end up with a half dozen or so binary characters on my screen.  Point
it to the
7.2 vmlinuz and it works fine (til it gets to the point where it wants
the driver disk).

Has anyone seen this before?  If so, what am I missing here?

BTW, if you know the answers to my problem in the first paragraph (nfs
accessable
dvrnet.img), please let me know.  I tried changing "dd" to
"dd=/somepathto/dvrnet.img,
but that effort got me no where.

Ideas???
thx...
--
J.C. Webber III
Unix System Administration Technical Lead