[syslinux] Re: iso 2.00 isolinux: Checksum error, sorry... workaround

Srikant V Kakani srikant_kakani at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 13 16:44:14 PST 2003

Hi,

I have a HP pavillion laptop zt1170 and I faced the
same problem reported by,

Greg Lonnon greg at lonnon.org
01 Jan 2003 11:08:20 -0700

This seems to be some problem with the HP bios.

Since this laptop does not have a floppy drive it is
almost impossible to install redhat 8.0. I managed to
workaround this problem by doing a minimal
installation of 7.2 and then copying the vmlinuz from
8.0 isolinux directory to overwrite the
/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.7... and initrd.img to overwrite
/boot/initrd-2.4.7...img. and then rebooting the
laptop. This way the new vmlinuz can do net
install/hdd install. In my case I did a hdd install.

Regards,
Srikanth