[syslinux] How do you convert vmlinux to vmlinuz?

J.C. Webber III jcw at pico.apple.com
Fri Feb 14 14:41:20 PST 2003

I wanted to try and incorporate a statically linked driver in my
netbooted kernel for the new 1Gig NIC interface that's coming on
our latest machines.  So I built a new kernel and included support
for the e1000 driver.

Now how do I turn this vmlinux file into a vmlinuz file?

file vmlinux
vmlinux: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1, statically linked, not stripped

file vmlinuz
vmlinuz72: x86 boot sector

Please cc my email address if you reply cause I don't always catch all
these posts to the list.

thx...
--
J.C. Webber III
Unix System Administration Technical Lead