[syslinux] PXELinux - AN983B

Uwe Debacher Uwe at debacher.de
Sat Feb 15 06:18:51 PST 2003

Hi,

I am using PXELinux on different maschines and it workes fine, a really
good software.

Bu now I got a board MSI-6378 with an ADMtek AN983b Chip. The boot
procedure mostly stop while transfering my bzImage (900kb) or my initrd
(2.5 MB). The hanging ist always at a different time. Sometime the
system succeeds in booting and then works fine.

Booting with etherboot und pxe always is ok. Even own bigger images
(5MB) I created with the 3Com-Tool imgedit are ok.

It seems to be a problem of pxelinux and an983b. I am using syslinux
1.62 the version that came with SuSE8.0.

Any hints?

Best
Uwe
* Uwe Debacher