[syslinux] Help bypass broken bios - el torito ???

Christian Marg christian.marg at tu-clausthal.de
Thu Feb 20 23:09:38 PST 2003

Jean-Yves Provost wrote:

>linux  internet FW. The  Bios is old and does not let me boot from an el
>torito bootable CD( 1998 PC)
>Is there any way to get
>. isolinux on floppy,
>. when PC read floppy, isolinux tell it to boot from the /dev/hdc
>device,

You could of course try and use Syslinux to Boot a Kernel and Initrd
from floppy (Then Linux is running and can start using the CD), but I
don't know if the needed things fit onto a disk (Syslinux, Kernel,
initrd). It would of course be a big change in the way how your
Sentry-Firewall CD is booted, but it might be possible to do so...

bye
Christian