[syslinux] tftp error

richard turner rturner at san.rr.com
Mon Feb 24 09:45:53 PST 2003

i have a very trimmed down client that was booted over the network
(pxelinux) and has a root filessystem mounted that was also copied over
the network (tftp).

i have brought up the network on the client and would like to get some
files from the tftp server. however when i run my tftp client on the
network booted client i get the following error:

bash-2.05#/usr/bin/tftp 192.168.1.123
tftp: tftp/udp: unknown service, faking it...

my /etc/services on the client has entries for tftp:
tftp    69/tcp
tftp    69/udp
tftp-mcast      1758/tcp
tftp-mcast      1758/udp

i know my tftp server is up and i know i am able to connect to it from
other machines with the same tftp client program.

anyone have any ideas on how to get the tftp program on my network
booted client to connect to my tftp server?