[syslinux] tftp error

richard turner rturner at san.rr.com
Mon Feb 24 14:48:26 PST 2003

i did not have a /etc/nsswitch.conf file on my root fs. i copied one
over from another machine and tried my tftp client again. it still fails
with the same error:
tftp: tftp/udp: unknown service, faking it...

is there something special within the nsswitch.conf file that i need to
set? my nsswitch.conf file looks like the following (excluding comments)

passwd:		files nisplus
shadow:		files nisplus
group:		files nisplus
hosts:		files nisplus dns
bootparams:	nisplus [NOTFOUND=return] files
ethers:		files
netmasks:	files
networks:	files
protocols:	files nisplus