[syslinux] Problem with rbfg and pxelinux

Michael Blandford mlblandf at sedona.ch.intel.com
Wed Feb 26 16:40:21 PST 2003

Hello again and thanks for your support.

I am trying out the pxe floppy - rbfg that you mentioned in your
previous email for some machines that are not pxe capable but have
supported network cards.

It looks like it is going to work but then hangs.

The dialog below is from a vmware session just for testing but I have
the exact same problem on an old IBM box with a Intel e100 card.

Here is the output:

Node: 0050567891DB
DHCP..
TFTP........
PXELINUX 2.02 2003-02-13  Copyright (C) 1994-2002 H. Peter Anvin
Found PXENV+ structure
PXE API version is 0200
Old PXE API detected.  using PXENV+ structure
UNDI data segment at:	9840
UNDI data segment site:	5BE8
UNDI code segment at:	9DFF
UNDI code segment size:	1810
PXENV entry point found (we hope) at 9DFF:0000
My ip address seems to be <IP HEX> <IP>
ip=<IP>:<DHCP/TFTP server>:<GATEWAY>:255.255.255.0
TFTP prefix:
Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/<IP HEX>
Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/<drop last HEX value>
..
Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/default
Could not find kernel image: linux
boot:

However, I do not see any attempts at the tftp server after it grabs pxe
linux.0

Any ideas?

Michael

--