[syslinux] pxelinux.cfg/default

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Feb 28 07:06:02 PST 2003

John Poltorak wrote:

> Does it just request a file called 'linux' from the tftp server?
>
> Is there a minimal 'linux' file I can download from somewhere?
>
> Presumably this is what gets loaded by the client when it starts to
> boot...

You need much more than this to get a working Linux system set up to
boot.  PXELINUX is a pretty advanced tool.  You probably want to get
familiar with a Linux distribution before doing anything else.  If you
really want a system which can boot off the network and have no files on
the actual client, the SuperRescue CD distribution of Linux can operate
in this mode.