[syslinux] PXELINUX v. bpbatch

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fri Feb 28 12:28:21 PST 2003

Egan Ford wrote:

> Another solution to consider is pxegrub.  It's a general purpose boot
> manager, however it does not use UNDI so you have to build images for
> each type of NIC.  I am considering using pxegrub so that I can have
> multiple OSes on a single box and remotely choose what to boot, however
> it will need to support UNDI.  Perhaps pxelinux will have grub like
> features someday.

I'm not going to turn PXELINUX into something huge and bloated like
GRUB, but I'd be interested in specific requests.  I'm partly eyeing
things that can be implemented easily as COMBOOT/COM32 programs.
Booting a specific partition from a hard disk falls in this category.

Unfortunately I'm having massive problems with my (brand new, bought out
of my own pocket *sigh*) development system at the moment :(