[syslinux] PXELINUX v. bpbatch

'John Poltorak' jp at manninghammills.org
Fri Feb 28 12:32:27 PST 2003

On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 01:00:43PM -0700, Egan Ford wrote:
> PXELINUX with MEMDISK can boot DOS.  I used bpbatch for sometime.  It's
> a superset of pxelinux functionality.

I've managed to initiate a bpbatch transfer. Both bpbatch and bpbatch.ovl
get downloaded, but I'm not clear what is supposed to happen after that.
The client says it it can't read a file, but I have no idea which file it
is expecting. Any hints?...

> But it is not open source (you
> get no source).  I like that it had a scripting language, image install
> (1024 cylinder limit) and could boot DOS.  I think that MEMDISK's dos
> support is better however.  I have had less problems with it (e.g.
> flashing BIOSes with it).
>
> PXELINUX is also actively developed bpbatch is not.  Rembo wants you
> sell you their commercial solution.
>
> Since PXELINUX added localboot support we dropped using bpbatch.
>
> Another solution to consider is pxegrub.

First I've heard about it... Where can I get it?

--
John