[syslinux] pxelinux and ram images

Hinchley, Scott Scott.Hinchley at hp.com
Sat Jan 4 08:22:56 PST 2003

Looking at the FAQ for SysLinux there is an option for an initrd file
(initrd=filename), this does not seem to work with pxelinux (or it is
just that I am doing something wrong...).
here is my config file:

prompt 1
#serial 0 115200

label linux
kernel vmlinuz-2.4.18-ssi
#read-write
#root=/dev/ram0
append init=/linuxrc console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200
initrd initrd-2.4.18-ssi.img

label local
localboot 0

The FAQ says to use initrd=initrd-2.4.18.ssi.img when I use that line I
get the following error message during the PXE boot:
Missing parameter in config file.

When I use the config file as stated above I get the following messages:
Unknown keyword in config file.
Missing parameter in config file.

I will keep looking to see if I missed anything
thanks
Scott