[syslinux] PXE booting

Luis.F.Correia Luis.F.Correia at seg-social.pt
Mon Jan 6 02:54:24 PST 2003

Hi!

I have been using pxelinux with memdisk to boot our workstations with
our custom floppy, which is a MSDOS boot disk (actually it is win98)

On one of the PC's I'm testing, a Fujitsu-Siemens which has an AMDtek
based on-board network card and when PXE is activated,
it gets an IP from the DHCP, then it finds the TFTP server, downloads
pxelinux.0, executes it which causes the floppy to be downloaded,
the file is transfered but it just stays there.

the PXE implementation is:

BootManage UNDI PXE-2.0 (build 083)
BootManage PXE-2.0 PROM 1.0 AN983 3.00 SDK 3.0/083 (OEM73)
(C) bootix gmbh , Licensed to FSC

Of course it boots with 2000 RIS....

Besides a broken bios implementation, is there something i can try?

Thanks!

Luis Correia
PGP Fingerprint: BC44 D7DA 5A17 F92A CA21 9ABE DFF0 3540 2322 21F6
Key Server: http://pgp.mit.edu