[syslinux] memdisk problems

Dinu Zabrauteanu dinu_zabrauteanu at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 6 07:49:55 PST 2003

Hello,

I have a compaq machine with compaq smart array raid
and with 3com 905C 10/100 TXM network card (supporting
PXE). I have setup an dhcp and tftp server for serving
pxelinux.0 , memdisk and my dos images along with
linux images (vmlinuz, initrd). Booting with vmlinuz
and initrd is working fine on any machine but when I'm
booting with memdisk along with dos image the result
is:

1706: Extended BIOS Data Area Memory Has Been
Corrupted
Array Controller Intrerrupt 13h BIOS Cannot Continue.
System halted.

Memdisk / dos image was working on other machine with
different hardware (ASUS mother board with no raid but
with the same network card - 3com) with no problems.

Please let me find some explaination for this.
Thank you,

=====

Dinu Zabrauteanu

"Attempt the impossible in order to improve your work. " - Bette Davis.