[syslinux] isolinux

Torsten Foertsch torsten.foertsch at gmx.net
Mon Jan 13 06:45:01 PST 2003

On Monday 13 January 2003 07:39, seth at cql.com wrote:
> My isolinux.cfg looks like this:
>

> default linux
> .
> label linux
>   kernel bzImage
>   append initrd=initrd.gz devfs=nomount ramdisk_size=16384 root=/dev/ram
> init=/linuxrc
>
> (append is one line; the mailer split it into two.  init=/linuxrc is part
> of the append line.)

I have tried that one already. It also yields "Unknown keyword in config file"
messages. I think it looks for isolinux.cfg at the wrong place on the cd. But
I have no point what is wrong. Maybe the mkisofs command line?

mkisofs -R -b isolinux.bin -c isolinux.cfg -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \
        -boot-info-table -o cd.iso tmp

Maybe there is something else in my setup. I actually do not burn the iso
image on a cd. I use a vmware box instead and installed the iso image as
"CD-ROM image" for testing.

Torsten